Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tarte au anchovy sauce vierge


Tarte au anchovy sauce vierge




A few summers ago, I took a cooking class as Riz Escoffier in Paris. One of the recipe I learnt was sauce vierge, but I have never really used it since. So here I am putting it to practice.


I have filo puff pastry rolled to a long a thin sheet. Cut to the size of tarts. Poke some venting holes.


Bake in 400 for 15 minutes or until the pastry puff up.


Make the sauce vierge. I used balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, spring onion, parsley and tomato (without seeds). Cut everything finest I could. Leave for a few minutes.

Spread the sauce on top of the puffed pastry, adding half piece of anchovy.

Add a bit of parmesan cheese. This is from the pizza delivery. I finally got chance to use it.


Bake in 400 degree for about 20 minutes.

The high light of this dish is the anchovy. It adds so much distinguishing flavor to the taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment