Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Candied apple


Candied apple

Olivier bought some Costco apple slices. I do not like it, neither the boys. To avoid waste, I decide to candy them. Since I had the caramel from the orange preserve, I can use up that and make it orange flavored candied apple.

Here is the steps:
Put the apple slices into the caramel pot of orange skin,
Add 2 cups of sugar
turn on the slowest fire possible to simmer for one hour,
turn off fire and rest for a few hours
turn on fire again to simmer for one hour
turn off and rest
repeat 3 or 4 or 5 times
take out the apple and let dry
pour in sugar and shake,
take out apple slices
Here it is

2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! I'm making candied pomelo peels right now based on your candied orange peel videos from youtube :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I would like to try some soon.

    ReplyDelete