Sunday, December 26, 2010

Stew of celery, potato, eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash

Stew of celery, potato, eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash

I had a huge dental operation. Besides the breathtaking pain and medical bill, I have to suffer at least two weeks of soft food. Soft as no need to use teeth.

For almost a week, I eat vegetable stews, and I am still not fed up.

The cooking method is real simple, put chopped vegetables in pot, add oil, cover, cooking for 5 to ten minutes. Vegetable become soft. Add salt and pepper at the end or on table when serving.

I feel this is far from the authentic trained cooking method. However, it comes out always right. My vegetables have never betrayed me. Each time they surprise me how good the real flavor of its own good.

Here is this disastrous looking but fantastic tasting dish.





Serve 4
15 minutes

Ingredients:
2 table spoons of cooking oil,
2 branches of celery, chopped,
1 potato, peeled and chopped,
2 Italian eggplant, chopped,
1 zucchini, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
Salt, pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of dried parsley leaf (or herb of your preference)



Cooking:
1. Heat 2 spoons of cooking oil in wok in medium high heat about half minute or till the oil hot,
2. Put in celery, cook for1 minutes
3. Put in potato, eggplant, zucchini and yellow squash
4. Cover and let cook in for 5 minutes
5. Stir and cover again for cooking another 5 minutes
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
7. Serve

1 comment:

  1. I found your youtube videos and cooking blog today, at a time in my life where things just don't seem to be going right in my head. Reading your blog and hearing your advice is so precious, it makes my heart swell with love and hope. Thank you so much for making your videos and writing your cooking blog.
    ianna

    ReplyDelete